Saturday, May 2, 2009

Whupdate

The Wave Function Junction is now one week old, and to date, I can confirm that it has been read by five people apart from myself. Maybe more! Probably not much more. It's probably a good thing that I don't know how small my readership is, because that kind of information would be depressing.

That said, if you are reading, and you're liking, and you have a keyboard, and fingers, I'd love to hear your comments.

This week was productive, from a writing standpoint. I put the finishing touches on A Young Man's Tribulation, and the second half of that story will be on the site by Monday afternoon. In addition, I wrote a few poems, as well as a new chapter in my "novella," titled On the Second Floor. OSF shares some themes in common with YMT, but on the whole the tone is broader, as befits a longer work. It's a space opera with a twist, one that I think will resonate with a lot of people.

There are twelve planned chapters, and as of yesterday six have been written to my satisfaction. Unfortunately, it's been somewhat slow going in completing this story. The first chapter is the oldest work in my binder from my current writing experiment (dating back to December, 2008). There are a few older works in the binder, but they all go back a while, before the Wave Function Junction was conceived in my mind. I think we can expect to see On the Second Floor's first chapter on this page by May 18th, after the completion of A Young Man's Tribulation and a poetry interlude. By then I will have completed a few more chapters if my current work ethic holds up.

Fortunately, I have succeeded in establishing a healthy back log of material, more than two months worth if I pace it right. This will allow me to go through comparatively fallow periods and still keep a steady flow on this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment