Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day, the day we remember all the crap we put our mothers through, cringe at our own thoughtless behavior, and cook breakfast in bed as an act of atonement. My mother, however, lives about a thousand miles away from me, so I was unable to scramble up some eggs in that age-old tradition (also, I slept until noon).

So instead I made this blog post, knowing that, even if my readership were to consist of only one person (and I don't know how to count you, so I sort of have to assume it does), that person would be Mom.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom! Everything is fine here. The apartment is not quite as dirty as the last time you visited. Also, I got all the light bulbs fixed, so it's less of a spooky cave now. I'll see you again in a couple of weeks. Don't rent out my room. Also, here's a kitty I found here:




Now, for the rest of you hypothetical readers; my first batch of poetry will be up tomorrow. They're not very good, but most poetry isn't. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment