Very Old Video Game Review: Earthbound
- A review of the SNES cult classic.
- A review of the indie platformer/cultural education piece by Upper One Games.
- A review of the free public beta release of the RPG adventure by Blizzard.
- A review of the outstanding adventure game for Nintendo Wii.
- Reviews of Super Stardust HD, Dead Nation, Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers, Streets of Rage 2, and The 2D Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character.
- A review of a fantastic turn-based strategy game.
- A nostalgic look at a classic RPG.
- A review of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.
- A review of Viewtiful Joe.
- A review of Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem.
Free Candy: Sketch Comedy at the 10th Avenue Theater in San Diego
- A brilliant night of laughs and also candy.
- I pay a visit to the neighborhood Buddhist temple on a remarkable occasion.
- My girlfriend and I spend three days amidst beautiful, rampant nerdery.
- A trip through the pop culture museum at the Seattle Center.
- A trip through San Francisco's Museum of Modern Art (MOMA).
- A day at San Diego Comic Con.
- A review of Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: The Art of the Superhero, at the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art.
WFJ Book Club #12: The Harry Potter Series
- A review of the series of novels by J.K. Rowling.
- A review of the book by Nate Silver.
- A review of the history book by that guy in the title.
- A review of the memoir by Barack Obama.
- A review of the novel by Suzanne Collins.
- A review of the novel by Brett Easton Ellis.
- A review of the biography by Jon Lee Anderson.
- A review of the comic book series by Bryan Lee O'Malley.
- A review of the biography by Rebecca Fraser.
- A review of the novel by Haruki Murakami.
- A review of the comic book by the guy whose name I just said.
- A review of the biography by A.C. Grayling
- A review of the live compilation by R.E.M.
Jeffrey Martin's Beautiful Sound
- A review of a concert by my friend, Jeff.
- A review of the album by musician Timothy McGaw
- A review of the opera by Philip Glass.
- A review of the classic album and box set of special features.
- A review of the legendary lost Beach Boys album, finally released in 2011.
- A review of a Vaudeville revival show.
- A review of a concert of video game music.
- A review of Richard Wagner's epic cycle of operas, recorded by the Orchestra Sinfonica E Coro Della Radio Italiana.
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
- Reflections on the third part of Peter Jackson's new Tolkien trilogy.
- Reflections on the second part of Peter Jackson's new Tolkien trilogy.
- Reflections on the first part of Peter Jackson's new Tolkien trilogy.
- Thoughts on how Christopher Nolan's epic movies depict the character of Batman in a "heroic" sense.
- A friend forces me to watch a movie I really should have seen a long time ago.
- I get a little misty as my childhood comes back to haunt me.
- I get caught up in the spirit of adventure and fanboy-ism.
TV Time #2: the Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien
- I say farewell to the best version of the Tonight Show ever.
- A review of the new reboot of the classic anime series.
Learning Languages with Duolingo
- A fun web resource for learning a foreign language. Word nerds rejoice!
- Romance, electropop and quantum physics make for a good time to be had by all.
- My friend Chris acted in a movie. I'm sure it will come out one of these days.
- A review of a trippy multi-media project, illustrated by Ira Marcks with music by The Few Moments.
- Some guy draws a woman from the inside out. I have no idea who.
- An interactive music video from a Spanish pop band.