Monday, September 1, 2014

New Blog, New Life

Well, it's been a while since I posted on here, hasn't it?  Up until very recently, I have been quite busy.  Much as I dream of regular updates, my life always seems to get in the way.

Anyway, I'm not really so busy anymore.  As those of you who read my travel blog know, I recently lost my job.  Being laid off from an unsustainable, doomed business is probably not the worst thing in the world.  But I miss my students and I miss doing the things I was doing, and to put it mildly the ordeal of losing the job was not good for my self-esteem. 

Consequently, Tara and I had to move to a new (smaller) apartment in Gangbuk, in northern Seoul.  It's not so bad, really.  It has a lovely view of the city and the mountains.  With a little luck,  I can pick up some part-time work and make a little money to save before we head back to America next March.  I am trying to be an optimist, because I understand that it's good for you.  Either way, it's been nice to kick back and play house husband for a bit.

What I really want to tell you, the wandering readers who pass through this page now and again, is that I have a new, new blog!  It's not really "my blog" per se, but rather a collaboration between myself and six of my good friends.   So even when I'm being lazy and unproductive, someone should be making updates!   That's the hope anyway.

The new blog is called First and Last Album Music Review, and you can credit my friend Bau for that creative name.  It's basically what it sounds like.   The seven of us will write articles wherein we review/discuss/praise/condemn the first and last albums of a particular band or recording artist.   The plan as of now is for each of us to write about seven artists each, but the project is very open ended.

As of now, there are only two posts up: my inaugural review article (on the Beach Boys), and Bau's somewhat deranged introductory post.  I don't really know what to make of it, but it's there.  My friends and I will soon be churning out lots of fun music content, just as soon as we've stopped being lazy.

I'm happy to write about these sorts of things for free, because it really is a lot of fun.  But my situation being what it is, I don't mind throwing out there that, if somebody ever wanted to pay me to write something for hem, I probably wouldn't object...

No comments:

Post a Comment