Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Wave Function Tumblr

So, when I made this blog, I gave it a silly name.  I did this because I'm terrible at coming up with names for things, and because I'm fundamentally a very silly person.  The fact that it rhymed was quite literally the single most appealing thing about "The Wave Function Junction" to me, and that is why this blog is called that.

Anyway, I came up with a rationalization for it the other day.  I don't really like it when things are the way they are for no reason.  I decided that, retroactively, the name referred to the multiplicity of my interests.  In quantum mechanics, a particle's wave function "collapses" when it is observed, reducing the possible states it might exist in to one.  And my blog has always been kind of like that, shifting between different kinds of content every time you check in on it.  That is, assuming you wait long enough to check in and I've actually updated it.

It's in that sort of spirit that I launched The Wave Function Tumblr the other day, expanding my web presence across yet another platform and bringing my plans toward Total Web Domination that much closer to fruition.  There I will pursue the popular pastime of micro-blogging, posting links to cool things online and adding my two cents underneath.  The internet runs on micro-blogging, I hear, and I want in on this game.

Anyway, I see the Tumblr as a complementary adjunct to the blog, a spin-off as it were.  I'll be looking for more ways to integrate the two as time goes on.  In the meantime, I'll also be making some updates to the look of this old place, try and spiff it up a little bit.  I think there's too many links, and that's distracting.  There's no reason it shouldn't look cleaner.

So check out my Tumblr, if tumblng be your game, and revel in the micro-blogging experience.  Don't be surprised if the whole thing collapses: it's kind of supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment