Friday, December 11, 2009

Good things come to those who wait...

...especially if they live long enough.

So, let's start off with the cold hard truth, and follow it up with a light, optimistic compensation. There's no new story this week (gasp!) I had it in my head that I could finish the one I'm currently working on, but things didn't work out that way. Fortunately, however, I am about halfway through with this new short story, to be posted next Tuesday, the Fifteenth day of this here December, to be very, very specific. It is a sort of fantastic, stylistic piece that might even be called a ghost story, entitled The Modern Spirit. I'm pretty excited about it, and I am eager to share it, but it's not done! Such things deserve all the proper care and consideration that their creators can give them, and furthermore to be protected from prying eyes until they have the proper form.

In other news, I've recently been turned on to Google Wave. Initially, I did not realize exactly what it was; I knew it was being promoted for creative types, but I was not immediately to tell how it was different from Gmail. Shows what I get for not paying close attention; it's actually an ideal tool for online collaboration. As a matter of fact, a good buddy of mine is exploring collaborative possibilities with me right now, using this marvelous technology. I find myself admitting that, while the prospect of huge corporations inserting themselves into the destinies of ordinary people remains a dystopian horror, I really don't mind if it's Google.

Once this collaboration is made, it will probably be posted on one or both of our sites, because we're sharers like that. In the meantime, it should make for an interesting Christmas vacation.

1 comment:

  1. Google Wave offers a lot of possibilities for collaboration. I'm starting to explore too right now.
    David
    http://batipi.com

    ReplyDelete